College Educated Nanny/Family Assistant Needed in Plainfield, New Jersey
Plainfield, New Jersey
Plainfield, New Jersey family of four with two darling and dynamic young children (ages 3 and 6) are seeking a thoughtful, creative and high-energy family assistant/nanny to primarily provide support and care for their young children. Starting May 27th, 2023, they would like to invite a well-qualified professional into their home to aide the parents in the ongoing development of well-rounded young ladies of color, helping to instill values of kindness, self-assurance, intellectual curiosity, and care for themselves and the world around them.
Please note that the children have been supported by a caring and loving family assistant/nanny for the past three years. Accordingly, this professional would initially be charged in building trust with the children in this new relationship in what will understandably be an emotionally-delicate transition to their care. They look forward to welcoming the right candidate into our home as this person will come to be viewed by our children as a friend, authority figure, and extended family member who becomes central to their identity, development and sense of well-being. This individual will also become a valued resource and addition to the support system to the parents/
An ideal candidate would have flexibility to accommodate a split schedule (6:30am – 8:30 am and 2:30pm – 9:00pm) to support the children in preparation/drop off before school/camp (in Summer) and to help ease children from the end of the school/camp day, including completing homework and transitioning to a home wind-down routine / bedtime. Live-out and live-in professionals are welcome to apply.
Pay range for this role is $40 - $50 per hour (based on experience).
• $400 monthly health insurance stipend
• Job-related transportation expenses
• 50% Tuition Reimbursement for all child development and safety related courses / certification up to an annual cap of $1,500
Description / Duties:
• Creating a safe and stimulating environment for the children. This includes encouraging and nurturing an environment for the children to regulate and communicate their emotional needs.
• Assist in bathing and dressing the children
• Changing diapers and potty-training for youngest child who is currently transitioning
• Washing the children’s laundry (in-house laundry machines)
• Planning meals, preparing food, and/or feeding the children. This includes encouraging consumption of varied and healthy foods.
• Arranging playdates and outings and preparing children's attendance for peer/school events and parties in coordination with the parent. This may also include assisting parent in their purchase of gifts, etc.
• Facilitating creative indoor and outdoor play
• Facilitating educational activities and crafts tailored to children's interest and developmental abilities
• Driving the children to school, activities, or playdates, as appropriate
• Reading to the children and encouraging reading development
• Providing help with homework
• Organizing bedrooms/toys and clothes, including identification of outgrown children's clothes for donation.
• Maintaining logs for the parents, as appropriate
• Light housekeeping chores which include grocery shopping (including via online shopping), family errands, emptying the trash, loading and unloading the dishwasher, and keeping the kitchen and kids’ areas clean and tidy
• Occasional overnight assistance (at overnight rate) may be required in the event of business or other travel of one or more parent.
• High emotional intelligence, including ability to discern the emotional and developmental needs of children.
• Effective communication style, including ability to navigate age-appropriate conversations to distill difficult topics to children to inform, instruct and educate
• Nurturing, kind, active/creative, creative temperament with ability to interact fluidly with children
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, with ability to apply in day-to-day interactions, as appropriate
• US Work Authorization
• Certification in CPR and first aid
• A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and clean driving record
• Childcare certifications, such as water safety certification is preferred
• Second language is a plus, but not required
• Three professional references
• Resume highlighting professional and educational background