Loving, Experience, Russian-Speaking Nanny Needed for Newborn in Brooklyn, NY
A loving, intellectual family in Brooklyn, NY, is looking for a mature, Russian-Speaking nanny for their newborn, who is expected to arrive in early January. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has many years of experience working with newborns. Someone who is calm and soft-spoken and cares about childcare and child development. The candidate should be tech-savvy, and can speak another language, preferably Russian. They must also be able to create an engaging, happy, and stimulating atmosphere for their daughter. The nanny must be proactive, a self-starter, and know how to troubleshoot issues independently.
This position is a live-out position:
The schedule is Monday through Friday, from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. (35-hour work week.) Additional hours may be required with notice. So, an ideal candidate who is flexible.
The family has two Mini-Dachshunds. It is expected of the nanny to walk the two dogs once a day.
Compensation & Benefits
● This position is paid gross with overtime. This position is $40-$45 hour, PTO, including paid federal holidays. There are two weeks of vacation and a discretionary performance bonus.
Covid Risk Tolerance:
● The family is very open about Covid.
Start Date: Begins on 01/07/2023. This is a long-term role.
Position Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● Safety first.
● Pitch-in attitude regarding general maintenance and cleanliness of the newborn
● Follows parents’ approach to childcare and embraces family parenting style
● Manage daily care and supervision of the newborn
● Adhere to the newborn’s schedule (Feeding, napping, and tummy time)
● Facilitate intellectual development (e.g., words, numbers, stories, puzzles, etc.)
● Facilitate social development, helping to make connections with friends and attending playdates and classes
● Bottle feeding and eventually transition infant into solids.
● Changing diapers, and eventually potty training the child
● Laundry for the Newborn.
● Manage all aspects of the newborn’s property with utmost cleanliness and organization, including meals/snacks and clean-up, hanging clothes, cleaning toys/books, diaper bags, etc.
● US, Work Authorization
● Minimum of 5 years of professional Nanny experience
● Newborn experience
● Foreign Language: Russian
● Basic Tech Savvy
● Up to date on all vaccinations
● Covid vaccinated and boosted
● CPR and First-Aid certifications