Live-in Nanny Needed in Bethesda
Bethesda Maryland Nanny
A caring family seeks a proactive and engaging nanny for their two children. They have a 3-year-old and a 5-month-old, so ideally, they would love a nanny who has prior experience caring for children in their age groups. Their ideal candidate is someone who is caring, honest, clean & organized, has an understanding of child development, highly motivated, and energetic. A nanny that doesn't overly coddle and can safely foster a sense of independence, as well as reciprocal respect. The family also has 2 medium (no-shedding) Wheaton terrier dogs which the general care is shared with the family, so someone comfortable around dogs and possibly walking them is perfect.
Job Detail (Position detail can change as the family works out their needs)
This position is a Live-in position
· The schedule is Monday through Friday, 10 hours daily, this is subject to adjustment as schedules change and children grow. Option to work a few hours over the weekend, if desired. The position will remain full-time for the next several years.
A car will be provided for on-the-job use.
· Private furnished studio apartment with private bath & independent full kitchen (including dishwasher & microwave) & private entrance.
Compensation & Benefits
· All positions are paid gross with overtime. This position is $25-$29/hr
· As above, plus (to start) 2-weeks paid vacation, 1-week sick leave, 6 paid federal holidays
Start Date: This is a long-term role, and they are looking for someone to start on 05/31/2021
Position Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Pitch-in attitude regarding general maintenance and cleanliness of infant
Follows parents’ approach to childcare and embraces family parenting style
Feedings both children, changing diapers, dressing them, doing laundry
Keeping track of children inventory to ensure they stay stocked
Planning engaging and age-appropriate activities, and eventually potty training!
Facilitate intellectual development (eg. words, reading, numbers, enrichment, etc)
Facilitate physical development (eg. running, stacking, using utensils, etc) in a high-energy, creative, and playful way
Facilitate social development, helping to make connections with friends and attending playdates
Manage all aspects of children’s property with utmost cleanliness and organization – including, meals/snacks and clean-up, hanging clothes, cleaning toys/books, diaper bag, etc.
· And very light housework around the house such as taking the trash out and putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher/s and or taking the clean dishes out of the dishwasher/s and putting it in the appropriate places.
US, Work Authorization
Must drive with a valid and clean license
Minimum of 5-years of professional full-time or part-time childcare experience
CPR and First-Aid certifications
Must take Covid very seriously